To play a hand of Ultimate Texas Hold'em you need to make at least 2 bets - the Ante and Blinds bet. The Trips bet is an optional bet you can make which pays out only if you hit certain hands.
The Play bet you can make in different multiples of your original bets at various points in the hand. Here's how a hand of Ultimate Texas Hold'em works:
- Each player makes the two mandatory opening bets - an "ante" bet and a "blinds" bet
- There is also an optional "Trips" bet players can choose before the deal
- Two cards are then dealt face down to the players and the dealer
- Once players have checked their cards they can choose to add on a "Play" bet at a value of 3x or 4x the ante bet
- Players can also check and wait for the next betting round
- Dealer then deals 3 community cards face up on the table. These are shared between players and dealer
- If the player checked in the first betting round they can now make a Play bet worth 2x ante or can check again
- Once you've made the Play bet you can't bet again
- After players have again bet or checked the dealer deals two more shared community cards in the middle of the table
- If player has yet to make a Play bet (checked twice) they must now either fold (lose both their ante and blinds bets) or bet 1x ante
Note: The dealer must have at least a pair to have a qualifying hand. if the dealer does not have a qualifying hand your Ante bet is returned to you. All other bets receive action.
Ready to book your own Ultimate Holdem tournament? Book an event today!